3/17/2009

Skiing at Big Powderhorn Mtn.

We went with a large group from HoneyRock to Big Powderhorn Mtn. to go downhill skiing. Dell and the kids had never been skiing before and it had been years and years for me.
Even Jacob went. These were the smallest skis I've ever seen!!! You can't really tell, but they came up to Jacob's chin. It was so cute. I didn't get alot of pics of our time here because I was teaching 4 kids how to ski. Jacob and Jordan went down with me between my skis. Dell wasn't feeling well and only went down once. It also was his first time skiing of any sort. So funny. Haley and Jackson picked it right up. Jacob just got to enjoy the slope without any work of any kind, and Jordan was doing well and went down ahead of me by the end of the day. I can't wait to take them again!!
Jordan and I on what felt like our millionth trip up the chairlift. Working with him took alot of patience. We had to take several breaks as I was getting quite frustrated. I took the kids in for lunch and I skipped out and went on a few runs on my own on the Mtn. Needless to say, I kept getting disoriented and it took me awhile to find my way back to the lodge. I wound up having to go down some harder routes.... I was actually concerned on my way down some of them... but it was fun and I laughed at the sight of myself a whole lot. By the time I got back, I was ready for some more work with Jordy and this time, was able to stay unfrustrated.

This actually dosn't look like a slope at all but it was. Haley and Jackson progressed quickly off the "Big Bird" slope and moved on to this green(easy) slope. They loved that they were skiing on a "grownup" hill.


It really does look totally flat but it really wasn't...... they can't wait to go back!!!



Dell was sick and Jacob was just pooped from skiing.....the poor dudes!!!!
We all had a great day, with great fun and great friends!





No comments: