3/17/2009

Where Is My Baby???

So a few weeks ago, just as winter started coming to an end, Jacob decided he was going to go tubing. All winter he has always just stood at the top of the hill and watched us tube and he would also push the empty tubes down the hills and I'd have to drag them back up. On occasion, I would just grab him and hop on a tube and go down and he always laughed and had fun, but he never voluntarily went down. On this particular day, I had asked if he wanted to go with me, and to my surprise, he said, "No, I wanna go by myself." Not knowing if he was bluffing or not, I pulled out the camera just in case. Sure enough, he wasn't bluffing and I caught it on video. (A very rare occurance to ever be able to catch anything the first time it happens.)

I just love how he continues giggling and laughing just sitting at the bottom of the hill. And from that moment on, there was no turning back. That boy tubed and tubed! He even went down the big tubing hill on the other side of camp alone!! He refused for anyone to ride with him. Since then, the past few weeks he's grown even more independant. He wants no help with anything..... getting dressed, putting on boots, putting on his coat, getting in and out of the truck..... he wants to do it all.........
So gone are the days of my baby. He is a big boy now, and so every morning he comes down the stairs and just wants to sit on my lap and cuddle, I just drop everything and anything to savor these precious moments with him so I can soak them up. The other morning, he cuddled on my lap, looking out the living room window for 30 min..... perfectly quiet and still...we just cuddled..... and then just like that, he was Mr. Big Boy the rest of the day with not even a glimpse of the cuddlebug of the morning.......... Sigh............ these days are flying by and my kids are growing up!!!

No comments: